Scholarship Description: The Kellogg School of Management and Morgan Stanley partner invite applications for the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge. The challenge wants to identify the excellent proposals that offer novel investment strategies to meet some of the most pressing global challenges ahead. You can check Full list of scholarship
The competition is an opportunity for worldwide graduate students to apply core finance principles to target the economic, social and environmental challenges that drive the field of sustainable investing.
The Challenge seeks to identify the next generation of sustainable finance practitioners, connect emerging leaders with industry professionals, and foster an even greater emphasis on sustainability at graduate schools around the world.
Scholarship Provider: The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is a premier global institution for management education. The Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing aims to meet the demand for environmental and social impact and financial returns. Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships in Ireland, 2019
Degree Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing a graduate degree program.
Available Subject: The scholarships will be awarded for the graduate study.
Scholarship Benefits: $15,000 in prizes will be awarded to the winning teams.
- Awards will be made for the overall quality of the proposals based on the judging criteria.
- Overall First Place: $10,000
- Overall Runner-Up: $5,000
- Along with the overall first place prize money of $10,000, the winning team will be invited to attend and present on a panel with Dave Chen, CEO, and Principal of Equilibrium Capital and co-founder of the Challenge at the Milken Global Conference in Los Angeles.
Number of Scholarships: there are two scholarships awarded.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Graduate students from around the world are invited to participate in the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of four members, all of whom must be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of the prospectus submission, and the team cannot include more than one member who is pursuing an Executive MBA.
- A team may include members from different graduate schools.
- All ideas must be the original ideas of the team members. Each team is required to submit a two-page prospectus outlining their proposal.
- From the submitted prospectuses, ten teams will be selected to present at the finals competition.
- At least one team member should be available to present at the finals competition, if the team is chosen to advance to that round, and all team members attending the finals competition should plan to stay for the entire event.
- Note that any team member not in attendance at the finals competition will not share in any prizes awarded to that team.
To participate in this challenge applicants need to do register online.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
Entry Submission Requirements
- Two-page prospectuses must be submitted in February.
- The prospectus should outline a unique sustainable investment strategy.
- Clearly explain how the financial vehicle will achieve the desired social and/or environmental impact defined in the proposal.
- Communicate the details of the investment vehicle including potential market size, strategy for managing risk, target investor, and why the proposed is a fit with their portfolio, financial viability, potential returns, and investment timeframe.
You may include individual team member names in your presentation but do not include any identifying school information.
You may also include a list of organizations/individuals you have consulted.
Deadline: February 2, 2019
- Apply Today – OMI Fully Funded PhD Studentships in UK, 2019
- Apply Today – Full TU Berlin Summer University Scholarships in Germany, 2019
- Apply Today – 3-Month “Fondazione di Venezia” Residencial Scholarships, 2019